Close

Just a couple

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Neurobit

Just a couple

by Neurobit » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:52 pm

1. The ability to clone camera settings. Not all of them, like masks and IP address (of course), but config settings like codec, quality, frame rate, etc, would be great so we don’t have to do that manually. I have dozens of cameras and it can be tedious when I need to change a setting that it’s the same on all of them.

2. The ability to export and import configs to quickly restore a system after a crash or setting up a new a new machine. As far as I can tell this is not a feature currently available, unless I missed it?

Thanks.

no avatar
BeanBagKing

Re: Just a couple

by BeanBagKing » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:46 am

For #2, there isn't quite an export/import feature, but if you copy and restore everything under "C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Sighthound Video\", you'll get the equivalent.

topic11785
https://support.sighthound.com/kb/artic ... tore-data/

I would love to see #1 as well. There are several minor tweaks I would love to make, but do not want to go through 10 cameras. If I could batch change a specific setting, that would be amazing.

no avatar
Neurobit

by Neurobit » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks.
Good to know on the config. I’ll see where those are on the Mac.

no avatar
visionik

by visionik » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:49 pm

Both of these are great ideas. I have wanted the "clone camera" feature for some time now; all of my cameras are from Axis and I end up just repeating things every time I add a new one.

I've put them on my list of future features.

Thank you.

I know you are already on the Discord NeuroBit, but just as a reminder to others, this forum is shutting down at the end of this month. Join us at https://sighthound.com/discord

Best,

-Jonathan

Return to Feature Requests