Close

Push Alerts are down

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Steve

Push Alerts are down

by Steve » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:30 am

Hi Support

I have 4 full license installs, at different locations, of Sighhound Pro and we are not receiving push alerts at any of them. Can you please check if the Push server is down. Emails are arriving ok.

thanks

Steve

no avatar
dennistdk

Re: Push Alerts are down

by dennistdk » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 am

Same problem here (also multiple installs). Push have been down for a day or something like that.
Re-enabling push on devices, restarting sighthound service also does not work.

no avatar
cino72

by cino72 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:28 am

same here. i thought at first it was android/windows update but doesn't seem to be...

no avatar
Steve

by Steve » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:42 am

Yes been down from last night. I have a temp Workaround. I activated an IFTTT trigger on my rules "People in Server room" and when activited IFTTT sends a "Pushover" push alert to my phone. there is a delay but at least I get an alert. Support changed to a new Push server last year and its been much better but it does not Help Customers in the UK/ Europe, finding an issue and have to wait hours for the USA to wake to fix the issues.

Its such a vital part of the alert process. Is there a way to have the push alerts sent from a local server?
Last edited by Steve on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
fugozzie

by fugozzie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:37 am

I am not getting alerts ether. Been since last night. Be great if somehow we could be notified when down and not just assuming no activity is happening.

The One of the major reasons I purchased this product was because of the alerts. If they go down for this long with out any communication it totally defeats the purpose. If I am not mistaken this is the second time this year.

Would be great if there was a twitter feed or email or something letting us know its down. JMHO.
Last edited by fugozzie on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Rocinante

by Rocinante » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:52 am

I can verify that the push alerts have not worked for 24 hours now.
I rebooted my server and reinstalled the iPhone app, but the alerts still do not work.

no avatar
Steve

by Steve » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:28 pm

Push alerts are such a vital part of the product. We are all assuming that all is ok, Unless you check your emails every min, but someone could be breaking in to my home and I think all is fine.

The last time this happend - again the customers in the UK/Europe (GMT) find it first and do not get a fix until California support offices open. Sighthound must have an alert monitoring system (PRGT)checking vital servers, but if there is no support during those hours thats not very good.

Or give us the option to send the push alerts locally.

no avatar
fugozzie

by fugozzie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Any timeframe on when this up and running?

no avatar
dennistdk

by dennistdk » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Has anybody contacted support and gotten an answer?

no avatar
Steve

by Steve » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:06 pm

update:

Support have contacted me that they have replicated the issue at their HQ and escalted to their engineers we are awaiting a fix.

Steve

Next

Return to Technical Support