Close

Camera not connecting Hikvision DS-2CD2332

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
stephan06

Camera not connecting Hikvision DS-2CD2332

by stephan06 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi
I have downloaded the 14 day trial but I can't connect to the cameras via Sighthound.

I have 2 of these cameras connected to a Hikvision NVR.

The cameras can be accessed remotely via my mobile phone and the Router is set up to port forward and I have an external static IP address. uPnP is not used due to security reasons and the port forwarding was set up manually.

When I look at the NVR settings on the TV screen the ip address assigned to the cameras are different to the static internal ip address assigned to the NVR.

As an example the static LAN ip of the NVR is 192.168.1.6 but the cameras ip addresses are 192.0.0.2 and 192.0.0.3

So which ip address do I add, the static LAN ip to add a camera or the 192.0.0.2? It does not make sense that it will connect as the gateway ip classes are different to the cameras?

I can only assume the username and password of the cameras when they were set up was left as default admin and 12345.
Thanks

Kbond

Re: Camera not connecting Hikvision DS-2CD2332

by Kbond » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Hello,

If Sighthound is running on the same network as these computers then the local IPs (192.0.0.2 and 192.0.0.3) will work just fine. In your case, you will want to use the Hikvision (other H264) Camera Type.

As for the external IP with the forwarded port, are you using the correct port in your setup in Sighthound as well as checking the "Open this port in my router" checkbox?

Another good test to make sure this issue is specific to Sighthound is to check to see if it can connect to any outside software. We normally test VLC in house. Are you able to connect to some software that is not proprietary?

So overall, if the machine that is running Sighthound is on the same networks as your IP cameras, then you should use the internal IPs - 192.0.0.2 and 192.0.0.3.

Also, it does look like the default username/password should be admin:12345. If it isn't, you can always restore the camera back to the factory settings.

Does this help? Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

sv_alex

by sv_alex » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:50 am

Hi,

You want to make sure the cameras are assigned static IP addresses. NVR doesn't come into play in any way: SV is connecting to the cameras directly. So in your case, if I understood you correctly, make sure to use 192.0.0.2/192.0.0.3, but you also will have to make sure those are static, and aren't DHCP-assigned addresses.

Hikvision is one of the most stable cameras on the market, so things should work well, whether you choose to configure those via ONVIF, uPnP or via manual configuration.

If using manual configuration, make sure to use RTSP and video.h264 as Stream Path.

Best,
- Alex

no avatar
stephan06

by stephan06 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:48 am

Thanks Kevin and Alex.

Still no luck , I am beginning to think that when they set the cameras up they must have changed the default username and password of the ip cameras.

If I reset them will the nvr still be able to see and connect to these cameras?

My Network setup again:

NVR connected via LAN to my router
NVR is assigned a static ip from the router
Cameras can be seen via the hikvision app on my internal network and I can also access it externally when away from home
The 3 ports are forwarded on the router including the rtsp port

So if I understand correctly eventhough the static ip of the NVR is for instance 192.168.2.4 and the 2 poe network cameras are connected to the NVR whch has an internal NIC ipv4 address of 192.0.0.1 and the cameras are 192.0.0.2 and 192.0.0.3 I should be able to directly connect to these 2 cameras using their own ip addresses instead of the NVR’s ip address?

Thanks

sv_alex

by sv_alex » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:50 am

Unfortunately NVR is rarely in the picture with SV setups, and I can't say I've ever seen a Hikvision NVR.

That being said, NVR and any camera connected to it are distinct network devices, and each will have its own IP. You should be able to turn off the NVR entirely, and still connect to the camera, provided it is connected to a network switch, rather than NVR. You also should be able to determine IP of your cameras by looking at your router status and IP distribution (YMMV, based on the router).

If you think your camera's IP is 192.0.0.2, you should be able to reach the camera's (not NVR's!) configuration page via browser, going to http://192.0.0.2/

no avatar
stephan06

by stephan06 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:38 am

Thanks

The problem is that the cameras ip addresses are in a different ip class than the router/gateway.

The NVR’s with POE ports internal NIC can’t be changed to the same class of that of the router as there is an ip conflict then.

The solution suggested on another forum was to enable the virtual host on the NVR and then set a “static route” on the dd-wrt to the NVR’s internal Nic which then I could access the camera configuration settings but then it affected my internet access.

I will keep on trying to find a solution before I could try Sight Hound .

Thanks
:mrgreen:

no avatar
stephan06

by stephan06 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:04 am

Hi , I finally got it working after a week of reading forums and learning about static routing, ip tables etc.

As said before the internal Ipv4 NIC address of the NVR is in a different class, to get 2 networks talking to each other with different ip classes one must set static routing up in your router.

You also have to enable the virtual host in the NVR.

Then manually do Port Forwarding as UpNp is not the safest to use and really should be disabled on the router.

I will also be changing the default username and password for the camera to protect it better now that it is connected to the internet.

I have set up line crossing for people and the mobile alerts which works fine and will see if the neighbourhood cat sets it off :mrgreen:

Will be setting up the email alerts which I assume will only email an image which is better for bandwidth especially on a mobile phone data plan.

Thanks
8-)

no avatar
curious_juan

by curious_juan » Thu May 17, 2018 8:01 am

I'm running into the same problem (Sighthound just says "connecting" when trying to add a camera) with a Hikvision NVR, Hikvision cameras and sighthound. Like user stephan06 has said, I've enabled the virtual host on my NVR and I can individually access the cameras using a browser. Note: I have Sighthound installed on a windows pc and it took a lot of work to get one browser to be able to view the cameras...not sure if sighthound has issues needing the necessary driver?

So, if I can access the cameras in a browser, but not via sighthound...where do I go from there?

I've tried switching the camera from hikvision's protocol to ONVIF and can't get that to work either.

Kbond

by Kbond » Thu May 17, 2018 10:23 am

Hello curious_juan,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting to one of your cameras. Can you please click Help > Report a Problem from within Sighthound? This will send us a bug report with your Sighthound logs. Can you also relay the model of your Hikvision cameras? We should be able to diagnose what is going on as well as give recommendations on how to set these cameras up.

We will be standing by for your logs, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
curious_juan

by curious_juan » Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks, Kevin. I just submitted and look forward to your response!

Kbond wrote:Hello curious_juan,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting to one of your cameras. Can you please click Help > Report a Problem from within Sighthound? This will send us a bug report with your Sighthound logs. Can you also relay the model of your Hikvision cameras? We should be able to diagnose what is going on as well as give recommendations on how to set these cameras up.

We will be standing by for your logs, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

Next

Return to Technical Support