Close

Can I buy 2x Basic license for a 3(or 4) camera setup?

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
homecam

Can I buy 2x Basic license for a 3(or 4) camera setup?

by homecam » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Can I buy 2x Basic license for a 3(or 4) camera setup? I'm willing to pay $120 (but not $250) for a 3 camera setup.

Thanks in advance!

Devin

Re: Can I buy 2x Basic license for a 3(or 4) camera setup?

by Devin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Hello homecam,

Thanks for your interest in Sighthound Video. We do not currently offer any discounts or promotional prices and we only offer the two license types (Basic and Pro). It is possible we may re-evaluate our licensing structure in the future but we don't have any current plans to change our pricing.

Regards,

- Devin

no avatar
millenios

by millenios » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:43 am

Any further plans to change the licensing structure? I have 3 cams & as the previous post would not be willing to pay the $190 upgrade free but at $60 I might consider it. It seems fairly common for residential users to have 1-4 cams certainly here in the UK.

Devin

by Devin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi millenios,

We do not have any plans to change the licensing structure in the near future.

Regards,

- Devin

no avatar
firelion

by firelion » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:20 am

I also have 3 cameras and now trial-ing sighthound. though I like many features of the software, the price differential between the 2 camera license and the pro version may compel me to look for other alternatives, such as the very popular Blue Iris, which, for the same $60 gives you unlimited number of cameras.
I suggest that Sighthound to not be so inflexible.

no avatar
cditty

by cditty » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 am

I just registered to reply to this. I have 4 cameras that I want to monitor. From what I've seen so far, I like your software, but I can't justify an additional $190 just to handle 2 cameras. Have you guys thought about maybe a per camera license fee to get people like me in that don't need unlimited cameras? I'd be happy to pay an additional $10/license if the software does what I need.

Just a thought.

no avatar
ewf2001

by ewf2001 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:02 pm

I cannot understand why you are not able too sell a licence per camera. I also have three camera’s but i’m not willing to pay so much money for 1 licence.

no avatar
foustep

by foustep » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:21 pm

I have two Hikvision DS-2CD2112-I and one D-Link DCS-932L. I use both Hikvision in Sighthound with a Basic Licence. Would love to add the D-Link to the system but currently connected it with Synology Video Surveillance due to the high price. I was planning to buy one more Hikvision to replace the D-Link but with the 190 dollar / euro extra, it's not worth it for me. I'll stay with the Basic Licence until the licensing system updates or changes.... unfortunately.

no avatar
stewiep

by stewiep » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:09 am

Just want to pile on and add that I would also be interested in paying for 2 additional cameras on top of my basic license. I'm a home user and can't justify paying the pro license cost which is high and I only have 4 cameras. Sighthound could be making more money in the home user segment by allowing us to add a couple more cameras to our basic license for a reasonable cost. I love this software but I'm looking for something decent to replace it at a decent cost because of this limitation.

Kbond

by Kbond » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello all,

I understand the frustration about the costs tied with adding another camera to a two camera system. We have noted these concerns and are thinking about how to handle this in the future. Unfortunately, there is no timeline of any changes that we can give to you now. We want to come up with something simple, but haven't decided what yet.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about this, thank you!

Regards,

Kevin

Next

Return to General Discussion