Close

Can support any form of Tour cameras?

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
den16.tw

Can support any form of Tour cameras?

by den16.tw » Thu May 26, 2011 5:21 pm

When the camera tour, vitamins error detection event will have some things happen.
My camera can send a signal moment in the tour.
When the moment of receiving the stop signal detection, we will not detect the error occurred.

sorry about my google english ...

ryan

Re: Can support any form of Tour cameras?

by ryan » Mon May 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't know what a "Tour" camera is. Is it a brand?

I'm also unable to tell from your post if you have the camera working with Vitamin D Video and are having errors inside the application, or if you are having trouble connecting.

Let me know and I'll try to help further.

- ryan
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Mon May 30, 2011 11:31 pm

If you were to tell us your native language we might be able to undo Google's scrambling of the translation. Google translation is a nice thing, but sometimes it can make a total mess of things.

You might also post your question in your language (in addition to the Google translation, someone here might be able to translate it.
Semper Vaporo,

no avatar
den16.tw

by den16.tw » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:54 pm

My native language is Chinese.
I tried use my language re-post again,but when I click 「Submit」 it shows "This message was flagged as spam and has been denied.".
Attachments
Why tour.png
My camera call the function is "Tour".
Why tour.png (10.22 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
請懂中文的大大幫我翻譯一下,謝謝!.png
Image style Chinese.
(71.23 KiB) Downloaded 3124 times

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Unfortunately, my language skills do not include Chinese, so unless someone else comes along that can translate English and Chinese we will probably have to continue to use Google to translate.

Do you have some more identifying information about the camera; Manufacturer and model name/number?

Also, what type of computer you are using and what Operating System?

That information may help the people at Vitamine D to understand the problem and maybe determine if the camera is capable of being used by VDV.
Semper Vaporo,

no avatar
den16.tw

I try to post again by using English...

by den16.tw » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Official Website:http://ezcam.org/ezcam/
=======================================
My camera can be support by VDV.No problem.Not this problem.
The problem is I want to "rotate" my camera.Of course, not by my hand,it's a function built-in my camera.
My camera call it "tour".
If I want tour my camera,VDV will detection of many errors.
Because when the camera is touring(view here,view there...etc) the screen is moving too.
VDV can't know is the camera touring?Or something is happening.
So VDV has some strategies can be developed that I suggest.
My camera have a function is call "Mute While PT".
This function is mute the camera while the camera Is rotating.(to avoid received the sound of motor rotation)
1.VDV can be suspended in the detection of not receiving sound.
2.VDV can use some of API interface for advanced.
3.When the VDV is too large to detect changes in the screen to suspend detection (set percentage).
==================================================
The show is the touring cameras of the official website.
http://ezipcam.homeip.net/
http://ezipcam.homeip.net:84

Semper Vaporo

by Semper Vaporo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:46 pm

AH HA! :)

Yes, it all makes sense to me now. "Tour" is meaning "Pan", or the camera is moving. And, yes, VDV will see this as motion occurring within the scene and motion rules will save video, play audio alerts and/or send e-mails because of it.

Your "feature request" is to either suspend all motion detection rules while the camera is in motion, or detect that the whole scene is moving and thus ignore changes until the motion stops.

I have wanted that feature also. The only thing we can do now is to disable the rules by unchecking the check-box next to each rule on the VDV control window and then use another program to make the camera move to the desired direction and then re-enable the rules by again checking the check-box next to each rule. But that is a manual action... I know of no automatic way disable the rules while the camera is changing which direction it is aimed.

I am sure the VDV folk will be along soon to verify that and give their opinion of whether it can or will be a new feature.
Semper Vaporo,

ryan

by ryan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:21 am

Hi,

As Semper pointed out (thanks!) Vitamin D Video was designed to be used with fixed cameras, not moving cameras.

Unfortunately Pan/Tilt/Zoom cameras do not send out information when they are going to move. Going off of an audio mute as you suggest would be unreliable (audio streams can go silent, or packets can be lost, or any number of other things) and this is likely only valid for your or a small subset of cameras. Any sort of advanced notification system from your camera would again likely be specific to only your model. Stopping alerts when some percentage of a scene has changed is not a great thing to do in general, if someone walks very near to your camera for instance a great deal of the picture will change, etc...

Additionally, different scenes for the same camera does not fit well with how VDV was designed. Any rules that had been created to trigger off of zones (walking on an area, going through a doorway) would be invalidated whenever the camera changed scenes. We would need to develop an interface for setting up multiple viewpoints for the same camera, and likely do all of the PTZ control ourselves, which again, is often done differently by various camera vendors.

Sorry that we don't support your tour feature, but I hope you are enjoying the program otherwise.

- ryan
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

Return to Feature Requests