Close

Dahua?

Inquire about an unsupported model or post your own success.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
mweston

Dahua?

by mweston » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:15 pm

Will dahua cameras work with Vitamin D? Particularly I'm looking to use the IPC-HDB3200C: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/i ... c--17.html

ryan

Re: Dahua?

by ryan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:40 am

Hi mweston,

According to a post I found here: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=31849 you might try using rtsp, a port of 554, and a stream path of cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

If that doesn't work, this post gives an overview of what VDV requires and might be useful: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

DrBunsen

Re: Dahua?

by DrBunsen » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Good afternoon MWeston! (I'm assuming that your nick is concerning Burn Notice, in which case - how's the weather in Miami?)

I have an EYEsurv ESIP-MP1.3-BT1 from Nelly's Surplus, which is a rebranded Dahua DH-IPC-HFW2100. It works fine in testing with VDV (I'm planning to work on my permanent setup today) , and gives fantastic picture quality compared to the 640x480 cameras I've got. And I REALLY like that it superimposes the date/time on the video stream, which overcomes my main complaint with VDV.

A few things to note:
1) Mine is a different model from the one that you're asking about, so there's no way to know if there are differences that would hinder it from working with VDV, though I would think that there's a very good chance that it'll work.

2) The RTSP string that was given in the instructions from Nelly's Surplus didn't work. Fortunately, Ryan (in this thread) had me add "&tcp" to the end of the string and that made it work. On my camera there are 2 streams available, and the high def stream is accessible through this: rtsp://10.1.1.31/cam/realmonitor?channe ... type=0&tcp

Of course, put the proper IP address for your camera in place of the 10.1.1.31 that is mine. Also, I think that the URL will probably be shortened in the actual post here on the board, but you should be able to hover over it and see at the bottom of your browser the entire long URL.

Ray

Hope this helps!

Ray

Return to Unsupported Cameras