Close

New ver 2.0 IOS app

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Steve

New ver 2.0 IOS app

by Steve » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:48 am

what has happend to the new IOS app version 2. I have lost the ability to turn on and off push alerts and we can only disable the rule to do that. I have 16 cameras in the old app I could see in a grid,at least 4 at a time, that has gone on both Iphone and ipad and you have to scroll. It look terrilbe and is a step back. will these issue be addressed.

no avatar
visionik

Re: New ver 2.0 IOS app

by visionik » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:51 am

Both issues are being addressed. I use the new app all day (since it now runs as a desktop app on M1 MacBook's too). More alert features & better grid support are in the works.

Best,

-Jonathan Taylor
-Chairman & Co-Founder, Sighthound

PS: I think the new app looks **way** better than the old one, but I am biased :-)

no avatar
Steve

by Steve » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:50 am

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to new features, hope individual sounds are in there as we get the same tone no matter what camera

thanks

Steve

no avatar
arnljot

by arnljot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:56 am

I am somewhat perplexed also; Loss of grid means less "situational awareness" - and is a step back IMHO.
As for the option to turn push on/off - I agree that this it is strange that this is gone, but right now I would be happy if I could only turn them "On" as I have lost all push after the update:-D

As for the app looking better: Modern look and loss of functionality vs older look and a usable app? If the former is preferred by Sighthound officials then I agree that you are biased.

Sorry to continue "complaining", as you labeled it in your previous answers to my other posts, but this is a strange design flaw.

As for Push being broken after the update (I am the only one?) that is a CRITICAL error.

no avatar
arnljot

Feature request

by arnljot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:08 am

Feature request:

Being able to (in SH or in the app itself) chose the cameras that are to be displayed in the IOS app.
I have a number that I do not need to watch on the IOS device.

no avatar
visionik

by visionik » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:48 am

My proposed solution (I'd love to hear your thoughts)

I would like to add "Camera Groups" or perhaps "Camera Dashboards" to Sighthound Video.

In both the desktop app, web app, and mobile apps there would be a drop-down to select which group/dashboard to display.

There would be a group/dashboard called "Favorites" (or something similar) which are the ones shown by default when you load an app, and another group/dashboard called "All" which would be every camera (like the current view).

-Jonathan

no avatar
BeanBagKing

by BeanBagKing » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:12 pm

And presumably customizable groups of cameras that could be displayed and saved? I would like that, particularly for the desktop app.

no avatar
visionik

by visionik » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:54 pm

BeanBagKing - yes. The groups would be saved so you can use them whenever you want in the web, mobile, or desktop apps.

Return to General Discussion