Close

Mac Mini M1

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
flynreelow

Mac Mini M1

by flynreelow » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:03 am

Does sighthound take advantage of anything the new Mac Mini M1 gives us?

no avatar
Neurobit

Re: Mac Mini M1

by Neurobit » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Seriously doubt it at this point.
They can’t even get it to work on Big Sur, which has been available to the public since mid November, and in beta form since WWDC...

I have bought a mini to test this on, and can’t even do that with Rosetta until they fix this. I would even settle for that.

no avatar
flynreelow

by flynreelow » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:23 pm

@Neurobit

Do you have an email address you can be reached at? Want to pick you brain for a few.

Thanks

no avatar
Neurobit

by Neurobit » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:31 pm

@flynreelow,

PM sent.

Cheers,

no avatar
champagne

by champagne » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:55 pm

@Neurobit now that the new 7 BETA is compatible with Big Sur, were you able to test it on a M! Mac mini?

I was thinking getting one just for Sighthound, right now I have 7 cameras (1 turned off for perf reasons)...

would be great to hear if you see big perf improvements....

no avatar
Neurobit

by Neurobit » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:10 pm

Yes, was able to test but it’s got major bugs so far.

Installed fine and w/o errors. The problems begun when I added cameras. While in the camera adding screens, after configuring IP and credentials, it sees the camera fine on the preview screen, but once done configuring, I’m not able to see the feed. Tried this on two separate cameras.

Also, when trying to set up actions, it lets me configure mask and actions, but it will not save them, so once done, it shows as no actions being configured.

One more thing I’m seeing is the program restarting every few minutes. So for all practical reasons, it’s def not ready. Hoping the next beta fixes these issues, and if would be nice if the developers would post here and share insight or updates on status of bug fixes, next release date, etc, but so far they’ve been silent. Very frustrating on the lack of communication except sporadic blurbs on their news section, where no one can respond.

Cheers,

no avatar
arnljot

by arnljot » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:22 am

I suspect this product is dead. The CEOs "personal email" that was sent to all customers, reassuring us that they were committed, seems no more than a scheme to have us pony up for one more year of support.

There might be a guy or two working on it, occasionally, from the home-office, but I would not hold my breath.

no avatar
Neurobit

by Neurobit » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:20 am

Agree.
I moved on. Tried to give this product a chance, but with the dismal response to inquires on this board and lack of answers, I went and bought SecuritySpy, and I could not be happier.

Cheers,

no avatar
kgonzalez

by kgonzalez » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi,

Sighthound Video 7.0.5 has some bugs that our engineers are reviewing. We are continuing to work through these bugs. Right now, Sighthound Video will run on the new Mac Mini M1, but we utilize Rosetta, we aren't running natively. There is no specific timeline for a native version of Sighthound Video for the new M1 chips.

If you'd like to know more about the performance improvements we've added, feel free to check out this blog post. https://www.sighthound.com/news/sightho ... on-big-sur

Take care,

Kenneth

Return to Technical Support