Close

How can Sighthound Video 6 Be Worse?

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Guchdog

How can Sighthound Video 6 Be Worse?

by Guchdog » Tue May 12, 2020 12:02 am

Over a week ago I upgrade my server because it couldn't handle Sighthound 6. I tried Sighthound 6 when it first came out and it was unusable. The new engine was way too resource hungry. Sighthound 5 was working fine before and I was recommended it when I could on Reddit.

Now I don't think I will be doing that as much. I getting so many false positives. Every night I get a person notification from headlights. I get a person notification when it is windy with plants moving around. Vehicle entering my property, no it is just driving by. Oh yeah spider webs still have detection issues. Did you guys just scrapped your old code and try to rebuild it with few features? I might as well go back to Blue Iris. How can the detection be that much worse? I'm running the same hardware and settings as before.

no avatar
Guchdog

Re: How can Sighthound Video 6 Be Worse?

by Guchdog » Sat May 16, 2020 1:22 am

Editing my post for the worse...

Changing framerates is somewhat better but I got 4 headlight false positives last night. I'm so happy I upgraded my hardware to install this POS :mrgreen:. I'm definitely looking for other alternatives now. Later Sighthound.

no avatar
universe

Re: How can Sighthound Video 6 Be Worse?

by universe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:13 am

There is a real issue at the moment with headlight detection and like you, it is driving me mad.

Hoping for an update that addresses it soon.

Return to Technical Support