Close

special rules to control swimming pool level

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Nick123

special rules to control swimming pool level

by Nick123 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:16 am

Does anyone know if Sighthound have any software that would allow special rules to be added? I'm using a camera for general garden/pool surveillance using Sighthound, but it would be very useful if I could also use it to assess the pool water level with an alarm that triggers at low & high levels to control my filling line solenoid valve via IFTTT. I can zoom in on the area needed to be assessed (see picture) but it's a bit fuzzy and with reflections, I don't know if this is a viable possibility. I'd be grateful for any advice.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_1a1a.jpeg

Kbond

Re: special rules to control swimming pool level

by Kbond » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:06 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, Sighthound would not be able to determine if the pool water gets to a certain level since the water would be gradually lessening which would make it hard to show change. That is not something our algorithm would be looking for. We do apologize for any inconvenience here.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
Nick123

Re: special rules to control swimming pool level

by Nick123 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:38 am

Understood Kevin. I was thinking more about Sighthound software being able to compare snapshots taken one hour apart (for example) to show up the difference in level - the images could be compared just at night to avoid extraneous changes in lighting conditions.

Return to Technical Support