Close

selecting substream in lorex LNE8950ABW?

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
jmg

selecting substream in lorex LNE8950ABW?

by jmg » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:51 am

driving me nuts, the lorex camera is not listed, can't figure out the string for the substream... any help ?

sv_alex

Re: selecting substream in lorex LNE8950ABW?

by sv_alex » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am

Looks like LNE8950ABW is the model of NVR bundle, rather than cameras. So using it for Google queries likely won't generate any useful information.

We don't any of those Lorex cameras in-house, but usually connection isn't the problem when it comes to Lorex. Either use ONVIF to configure those *or* find out what RTSP URL is, and use manual configuration. This link is showing how to find RTSP URL from the camera configuration page: https://granworks.com/install-ip-security-cameras/

no avatar
jmg

by jmg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:06 pm

thanks.. and sorry, I got the model number wrong, its the lorex LNE8950a, single camera.
I'm able to connect to the main, hi-res 4k stream with no problem, I want to connect to the substreams, have no idea how. Any help?

Kbond

by Kbond » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello,

If you go to the link below you can find some information on how to setup the rtsp url to hit a sub stream:

https://help.lorextechnology.com/link/p ... ur-DVR-NVR

Just to note, selecting sub stream varies from camera to camera either through URL parameters, or other attributes of the URL; we can’t be sure how it’s done with Lorex, and it is best to present this question to Lorex support.

Also, ONVIF is there specifically to make this kind of thing easier, and all the available streams would be presented as a choice in a dropdown box, when connecting via ONVIF. Not sure if you have checked that.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns besides that, thank you!

Regards,
-Kevin

no avatar
jmg

by jmg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:51 pm

thanks.. I am trying to select onvif, but for some reason it goes right to the screen where I enter a rstp stream.

no avatar
jmg

by jmg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:56 pm

hey thanks man, that string did the trick!

Return to Technical Support