Close

Use Old Cox, Xfinity or other Cable Company Security Cameras

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
eebrian

Re: Use Old Cox, Xfinity or other Cable Company Security Cam

by eebrian » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:11 am

VWBusDriver wrote:Ok. So I go to [ip]/admn/enable_ui.cgi I get the pop up to type in username and password, when I hit enter the word OK displays in the browser and that is it. There is no pop up, it just says OK in the browser window. If I go go back or type in the IP address I get a 404 error.

Yo so I'm actually stuck here too.. I booted the camera up, connected it to my router using the WPS button. navigated to the ip address, got the 404 error. entered [ip]/adm/enable_ui.cgi - then the credential prompt came up and I entered "administrator" with no password, and then received a blank html page with "OK" in the top left.

no avatar
mavace

by mavace » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:52 am

Hi everyone - didn't mean to leave you high and dry. Glad you got it working for the most part. for the people having issues after they get to the home screen usually you can go back to just typing in http://[ipaddressofcamera]/ but if that does not work add "main.cgi?next_file=index_in.htm" to the end of the url and see if that works.

no avatar
VWBusDriver

by VWBusDriver » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:17 pm

So I get the "OK" message and then I type [ip]/main.cgi?next_file=index_in.htm and still get nothing. I have also tried [ip]/adm/file.cgi?todo=inject_telnetd as well and when I do that I get a 403 forbidden error. I am at a standstill now. I am not sure what else to try. Thanks everyone for your help! I appreciate it.

no avatar
VWBusDriver

by VWBusDriver » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:33 pm

eebrian wrote:
VWBusDriver wrote:Ok. So I go to [ip]/admn/enable_ui.cgi I get the pop up to type in username and password, when I hit enter the word OK displays in the browser and that is it. There is no pop up, it just says OK in the browser window. If I go go back or type in the IP address I get a 404 error.

Yo so I'm actually stuck here too.. I booted the camera up, connected it to my router using the WPS button. navigated to the ip address, got the 404 error. entered [ip]/adm/enable_ui.cgi - then the credential prompt came up and I entered "administrator" with no password, and then received a blank html page with "OK" in the top left.

This is when you should be able to go back and just type in your ip address and you should be able to see an admin screen for your camera. After I get the ok message, if I go to the ip address, I get a 404 not found error.

no avatar
alarmguy64

by alarmguy64 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:13 pm

I'm at exactly the same spot. (404-not found)
I have also tried different browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, all get the same response.

Previous

Return to General Discussion