Close

Advanced computer vision features available?

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Dallas

Advanced computer vision features available?

by Dallas » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:30 am

I am a pre-sales customer currently using Blue Iris to monitor and record about 7 cameras around my house. I'm especially interested in the advanced detection features in Sighthound, such as person detection and license plate recognition, but I was wondering if the other image processing features described at https://www.sighthound.com/technology/ are incorporated into this product, or if that page is just an example of technology being developed for other purposes.

Specifically, does Sighthound include the features to detect and recognize vehicle makes, models and colors? Can it detect and recognize faces, age, gender and emotion? Can this information be used to generate a text log or trigger automation events based on the criteria? For example, can I trigger an alert only when a new or unidentified vehicle is detected, or log the names and timestamp for all recognized faces detected over the past 7 days?

Devin

Re: Advanced computer vision features available?

by Devin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:47 pm

Hello Dallas,

Thanks for your interest in Sighthound Video. That page does show new technology we're working on, but not specifically for Sighthound Video (see other products at https://www.sighthound.com/products/).

At this time Sighthound Video only detects person and non-person.

Regards,

-Devin

no avatar
alphatech

by alphatech » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm also looking for this feature for many years and I do not think i'm the only one. I think a "cool" factor for individuals to buy this product is just it, face recognition. I'm part of a home automation and blue iris is becoming the top product, I think this product will take over if this product will implement it. In addition to this, I have been a consumer of this product for several years when Vitamin D came out. It is disappointing to pay $50 every year to see only few features in a year. It would be great if the CEO which wrote few times on this post will read it and would be little more clear on future of this product, it seems that he is focusing on the other products with minimum support here. I do not think we are asking for much, what I hate most is paying $50 a year with limited features and if I don't, then if there is a cool feature that I need, I need to repay the entire product. It looks like a lose, lose to me.

Happy holidays

ryan

by ryan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi alphatech,

We'd definitely like to bring more of our advanced technologies like those you see available in our cloud API into Sighthound Video, that's certainly our #1 goal for the product.

On the subject of the support and upgrades subscription I'll clarify that if you lapse it doesn't mean that you need to buy a new license for future major versions, you can renew your subscription at any time.
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

no avatar
alphatech

by alphatech » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi Ryan,
Looking forward to it, thanks for the updates. Although I already renew my subscription for this year, you mean that I could have not renew until I needed it because a good release like the face recognition and it would have cost me the same price if I do not let it expire?

Anyhow, great product, I like it, I just wish we had more updates and enhancements.

Happy New Year,
AlphTech

ryan

by ryan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Yup, your ability to upgrade never expires. Subscriptions must run concurrently so you don't gain anything by waiting, but you never lose the option to renew just because you didn't do it prior to the expiration date.

https://www.sighthound.com/support/abou ... scriptions
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles

no avatar
alphatech

by alphatech » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks Ryan, very much appreciated. So if I understand it correctly, if I do not renew for one year but I like a major upgrade the following year, I would have to pay $100 to renew correct?

Subscriptions must run concurrently, renewing on the anniversary of the date of your purchase. If you do not renew your Subscription on time and subsequently choose to do so, you will have to pay back to the time your last paid Subscription expired.

ryan

by ryan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Correct. Basic renewal is $12/year and Pro is $50/year and you'd fill in the time you missed. Same cost whether you were consistently renewing or not. That is to say, can't skip 4 years and upgrade to Sighthound Video 15.0 for $12/$50. No penalty for missing a renewal and an upgrade path is always available.

And of course licenses themselves are of valid indefinitely with the last major version that fell in their active subscription range. Support and upgrade subscriptions are fully optional after the year included with the original license purchase.

Return to General Discussion