Close

Enabling / Disabling alarms when leaving home

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
storm27

Enabling / Disabling alarms when leaving home

by storm27 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:05 am

Hi!
With the SIGHTHOUND VIDEO pro release, could you tell me how can I enable/disable alarms on my camera?

In fact I want all my cameras (16) to record as well all of the time, but I just want to activate the alarm when I'm out of my house (else I've too many alerts and it's becoming unusable!).

Could you provide us a new button 'ALARM ACTIVATED' or something like that?

Your current button 'ARM CAMERAS/TURN OFF CAMERAS' is not responding the feature I mentionned, because it's stopping everything and I (and many other customers I think so!) want only to record on some period of time when leaving home.

Thanks for your understanding! :)

Devin

Re: Enabling / Disabling alarms when leaving home

by Devin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Hello Storm27,

Is the "alarm" you're referring to mobile notifications? If so, there is a toggle setting in the mobile app which allows you to turn off/on notifications. This would be the easiest method to accomplish this.

If you are referring to email notifications or any of the other responses for your rules, you can disable these by disabling their rules in Sighthound Video when you come home, then enable the rules again. So long as there is at least one rule running on the camera, it will continue to record. You could for example have one rule for your alarm, and another that is set to save which you never disable.

Rules can be disabled by unchecking the checkbox next to the rule name in the Monitor View (see #7 of the first image on https://www.sighthound.com/support/monitor-view)

Regards,

-Devin

no avatar
baileyshaw

Re: Enabling / Disabling alarms when leaving home

by baileyshaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:32 am

Nice Tip

Return to General Discussion