Close

Using sighthound to catch the bad guys, need help.

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
JT!

Using sighthound to catch the bad guys, need help.

by JT! » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:05 pm

Saturday morning there was a car stolen up my street. It was said that they pushed the car down the street, so it should have gone right by my home (I'm downhill), I have a webcam pointed directly at the street.

It happened sometime early morning, so I have 4-5 hours of footage to go through.

My question is, how would I got about doing this. 4x is not fast enough, which is the fastest speed SH offers. What's the best way to do this?

Semper Vaporo

Re: Using sighthound to catch the bad guys, need help.

by Semper Vaporo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:36 am

You can drag the marker in the timeline to make the video faster, but it is difficult to drag it slow enough to not miss things.

I'd go to the Search mode and click the "+" icon to add a new rule. Make that rule detect any object crossing a line. Set the line to be just in the street and set it to only being in one direction (click the line to alter the direction)... the direction being the direction you'd expect the car to have been moved. Then save the rule. Select that new rule in the "Look For" list. This will NOT make the clips permanent, but will limit the list to only those events. Depending on the amount of traffic, that might present what you are looking for. If you find what you are looking for, save the clip to an external device (drive or USB memory). Delete the rule when you are done so that future motion in that direction is not saved permanently.
Last edited by Semper Vaporo on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Vaporo,

no avatar
JT!

Re: Using sighthound to catch the bad guys, need help.

by JT! » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Thanks, but I've already checked for ANY movement and it showed nothing all early morning long.

I really don't get why there's nothing faster than 4x. :|

Return to General Discussion