Close

Remote access not working with latest version?

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Ghiizhar

Re: Remote access not working with latest version?

by Ghiizhar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:58 pm

I upgraded back in July, but did not try remote access with Sighthound since I had recently replaced all my network with Ubiquit equipment and had not setup DDNS, Port Forwarding etc. I used the Hikvision app until today when I finally took the time to setup Ubiquiti.

I had the same problem with remote access as the other in this thread.

THANKFULLY HAMMERDARRELL's solution worked perfectly. All the Sighthound app settings referenced "Program Files (x86), setting them to the proper directory solved the issue.

no avatar
firelion

by firelion » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:32 am

My sighthound runs on a Mac mini MacOS high Sierra. I had firewall set to allow incoming connection for sighthound, but the iPhone cannot access it even from within the same network. It will go through only if I turn firewall off. Does anyone else have same problem running on Mac?

Devin

by Devin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi firelion,

Unfortunately the OSX firewall is simply broken as far as we can tell. Our application is signed with an apple certificate - you can verify that it is signed from the command line with the command "codesign -vvv /Applications/Sighthound\ Video.app". If an application is signed all traffic should be automatically allowed. Even if it wasn't signed, or wasn't properly signed, the firewall should only be displaying the Allow/Deny popup once. This post describes some of the odd behavior we were previously experiencing, which other applications have reported as well: http://www.sighthound.com/forums/topic11526

Note that depending on your machine usage case the OS X firewall may or may not be beneficial to you, as your router likely blocks incoming connections from outside your local network, the OS X firewall would only block additional incoming connections generated on the local network.

Regards,

-Devin

Previous

Return to Technical Support