Close

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Johannes_L

by Johannes_L » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi,

I have a concern for the security of the remote access. It is good that the port number can be changed so that Internet port scanners do not get the obvious standard port.

However, there is a port open in the Firewall/router and at least in my environment, in no time, someone in the Internet notices the port is open. I would like to have a feature, which is logging both the successful and non successful logins remote access sessions. It could be shown as a counter and also the related info in the SH menus. Should not be difficult to implement. You have all the info already within SH. Also, another option would be that an email is sent, after every login and login try.

Regards
Johannes

ryan

Re: Log information for remote access

by ryan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:47 pm

There is a WebServerAccess.log file as well as rollovers in the logs directory which has the information you're requesting.
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

no avatar
Johannes_L

by Johannes_L » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:09 am

ryan wrote:There is a WebServerAccess.log file as well as rollovers in the logs directory which has the information you're requesting.

Thank's for the info.

From which directory in Mac, I can find those logs? Would be enough for my purposes.

Regards
Johannes

ryan

by ryan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Depending on when you first installed SV it will be in either "/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Sighthound Video/logs" or "/Library/Application Support/Sighthound Video/logs"
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

Return to Feature Requests