Close

Network Client

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
ollydowning

Network Client

by ollydowning » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:12 pm

This could be a really awesome way to expand the software.

What would be amazing is if a client is offered which would allow another machine to connect to the main sighthound instance and allow searching and playback of recorded footage from across a network.

This will make it so much easier to find and review footage thats captured on a headless machine using the power of networks and sighthounds powerful software.

I would love to hear what everyone thinks of this idea!

ryan

Re: Network Client

by ryan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Have you tried remote access? This should be the network client you are looking for accessible from any machine with a web browser. We're currently working on a number of changes that improve both the quality of transmitted video as well as the speed of the entire web app. Hopefully that upcoming release will fulfill your needs and if it doesn't we look forward to your further feedback.
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

no avatar
mosheldon

by mosheldon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:48 am

+1 to this feature. I have the service running on a desktop in the garage. I RDP to it because clip typically loads faster. The 5.0 web interface is an improvement but still, could use some work. Ability to connect to the service with a native interface over network would be beneficial. Could be beneficial if you have multiple sites or servers running.

no avatar
SightHoundVideo

by SightHoundVideo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:57 am

Is there new feature will allow to use sighthound as secondary backup machine for external network.? Incase a primary machine was stolen away...

no avatar
millenios

by millenios » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:08 am

I use MS OneDrive, files are saved to the main server but in addition saved to a OneDrive folder which backs the files up to the cloud, and also replicates across 2 other PC's

Downside is you need to clear down the files every few weeks but otherwise works a treat.

no avatar
irjason

by irjason » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:57 pm

I also RDP into my Sighthound machine to look over clips. I've tried to use the webpage for monitoring, but it just doesn't suit my needs. It would be really great if the entire GUI and the recording service were separate. This way the recording PC could be tucked away safely somewhere and we could view/monitor live video or search and playback clips from another (or any) machine on the network. I realize this would probably take a lot of work, but it would ideal for my needs.

Return to Feature Requests