Close

Apple TV roadmap?

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
supmag

Apple TV roadmap?

by supmag » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:02 am

Im fairly new to CCTV and have a couple of Chinese RTSP-cameras mounted around my house (and some yet to be mounted). I have looked around for a good software, and I'm close to choosing SH, as you have macOS-version. I have a headless Mac Mini i7/16GB that I plan to use as a dedicated "SH-server".

As the MacMini is headless, I'm not sure how I will look at footage and review stuff

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is "no chance in hell", and 10 being "for sure", If a buy a pro license today, How likely is it that a APPLE TV monitor App will be available;
A) within my 1 yr upgrade protection period
B) within my first renewal

(Also, my 2 week trial ran out i november last yr, any chance to get a new cpl of weeks so that I can evaluate 4.0.3?)

Stephen Neish, CEO

Re: Apple TV roadmap?

by Stephen Neish, CEO » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi supmag,

We have no immediate plans for an Apple TV app, although we will add it to the feature request list. Lots of customers run headless boxes, Mac Mini and NUC being popular. People use the remote access web viewer or the iOS/Android apps on tablets.

In case you haven't seen it, here's the article on how to set it up: https://www.sighthound.com/support/how- ... ote-access

I can't answer your question about whether an Apple TV app will be launched within 12 months. In general we discourage people from buying the software in the hope or expectation of future functionality as our release plans can change.

We'd be happy to enable another trial on your account. Please write to support@sighthound.com so we know who you are.

Stephen Neish
CEO

no avatar
ahallada

Re: Apple TV roadmap?

by ahallada » Thu May 11, 2017 12:01 am

If you have an ipad you can project it to Apple TV now with remote viewing software. I've done that to impress my friends. You can also just use something like LIveCams Pro projected to Apple TV from your ipad. This requires a direct connection from LIveCams Pro to your cameras. I tried to get Sighthound Pro and LIveCams Pro to work together a few years ago to develop compatibility between the two products, but it didn't fly. Security Spy works flawlessly with LiveCams Pro. Would have solved a lot of issues with remote access and features like this. LiveCams Pro is the best remote viewing iOS I've used yet.

Return to General Discussion