Close

Export camera config

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
khelgason

Export camera config

by khelgason » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:12 am

Hello

Can I export the camera settings and configurations? I´ve had to install Sighthound a several times after my computers crashed. I´ve always had to set up the system from the ground each time. Am I missing this vital option in the software?

Kris

Devin

Re: Export camera config

by Devin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Hello khelgason,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue on your computer. Does it appear that Sighthound is the cause of your system crashing? If so, please send us the crash reports or a bug report by going to Help > Report a Problem and be sure to link to this forum post.

There currently isn't an officially supported migration method but you should be able to copy a few items from the data folder to the new computer to preserve your configurations and rules. Namely you'll want the "camdb" file and the "rules" directory. This article will help you locate the Sighthound Video data directory: https://www.sighthound.com/support/wher ... store-data. Be sure to only copy out these files while Sighthound is fully closed (quit the application after turning off all cameras).

Regards,

-Devin

no avatar
khelgason

Re: Export camera config

by khelgason » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:00 am

Thank you for the reply Devin. I recommend you'll add a export button to the next version.

Kris

Return to Technical Support