Close

Remote/Local Access Windows Firewall Issues.....?

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Jettubby

Remote/Local Access Windows Firewall Issues.....?

by Jettubby » Mon May 02, 2016 7:10 pm

I have a dedicated Windows 10 system running the Pro version of Sighthound. All was configured and running well with Remote Access until I needed to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on the system. After the OS install I Installed Sighthound, updated all softwares, and activated Sighthound.

- No remote access to either my Android app either on the network (LAN & WAN).
- No access remotely to Sighthound from another computer on the LAN.

Troubleshooting:
- Verified port forwarding settings in router.
** While troubleshooting noticed that Remote Access both WAN & LAN worked only when I turned off the dedicated machine's Windows Firewall for both "Public" & "Private". If either Windows firewall (Public & Private) is on then no Remote Access. I made sure that Windows firewall was allowing (checked "allow") the program "Sighthound Video" access both for Public and Private but there must be another program that Windows Firewall needs to give permission to in order for Remote Access to work. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Devin

Re: Remote/Local Access Windows Firewall Issues.....?

by Devin » Mon May 09, 2016 9:13 pm

Hello Jettubby,

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with remote access. If you go to the remote access option in Sighthound Video what is listed for "Server Status:"? Do the Internal and External addresses populate on the page? Please send us a bug report by going to Help > Report a Problem. Be sure to include a link to this post so we know it is you.

Regards,

-Devin

no avatar
foden

by foden » Sat May 21, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi

I had the same problem after rebuilding my WHS 2011 server, which runs my Sighthound

Finally tracked it down to the Firewall on my server. I added 'Sighthound web.exe' to the allowed list and BINGO, I'm back in business

Hope that helps

Foden
Attachments
2.jpg
(51.19 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

no avatar
tradewind6050

by tradewind6050 » Sun May 22, 2016 6:57 pm

**UPDATE** (5 minutes later)

I went through windows firewall and created a new rule for a PORT then left it as a TCP Port rule and told windows to allow the default ports for Sighthound. Refreshed the desktop application and magically everything works.

I'm having the exact same issue as Jettubby. And to Devin, mine is connected on the local address and internal address. It is forever saying that it is attempting to connect to the external address.

I went and manually did port forwarding through the instructions as listed in the help section and this was still fruitless. It won't even let me connect through the Sighthound app via the local and internal addresses.

Return to Technical Support