Close

Video Software + Face Recognition API integration?

Like to see something in a future release? Post your suggestions here.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
Pando

Video Software + Face Recognition API integration?

by Pando » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Are there any plans to integrate your Face Recognition API to the video software? It currently only detects persons or objects, but I think that this would be a natural evolution of your technology to integrate them.

Some applications include:
- When a person is detected, face recognition is performed, and a unique ID is saved to a database for each distinct face.
- Database search can then be performed to find repeat visitors, identify and group family or workgroup members, etc.

For example, I would like to see who visited my front door, especially unknown repeat visitors during certain time frame, which would then send me an alert. Once it has enough faces in a database, I should then be able to train the software to identify a group of known people (such as family members) and exclude them from sending me alerts. I'd also like to be able to tag a certain person of interest so if a new detection is made, the software would send an alert.

Also, automatic license plate logging and car make/model/year identification could be very useful.

Great software though - thank you!

Return to Feature Requests