Close

Update 3.0.1 Connection Issue

Having trouble with Sighthound Video? Post here for help.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
swpyatt

Update 3.0.1 Connection Issue

by swpyatt » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:46 pm

I just upgraded the application and it's cycling between Connecting, Can't Connect, and the camera image. The image will stay for a moment, then go back through the whole process. I'm running Windows 7 with the latest patches. Anyone else with this issue? I have enabled the run as service option. I see the processes running and they seem to be working. I'm not getting any recordings either.

Thanks

no avatar
indyaner110

Re: Update 3.0.1 Connection Issue

by indyaner110 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Hello.

I got the same problem with the newest version.

I get back to 2.5.1 and it works correctly.

I think the developers should solve the problem asap.

no avatar
WfromL

by WfromL » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:22 am

Same problem here on my remote monitors after upgrading to 3.0.1.
The camera image stays on for a few minutes to at most 30 minutes, then the browser says "connecting", but never actually reconnects. Reloading the browser brings the image back.
After two days of patience I also went back to 2.5.1 and everything works correctly.
Switching back and forth between 3.0 and 2.5 confirms the problem is 100% reproducible and definitely due to version 3.1.
One more bit of info: I have two Panasonic cameras, monitoring remotely both cameras on the same screen. The WV-SW175 image remains correctly all the time, while the older BB-HCM531 has this "connection" problem. So the camera itself is part of the problem. It would be helpful if anyone experiencing this also mentions which camera is used.
Mostly using Firefox 43.0.2 on fully updated WIN7, but the problem is identical on Win 8.1 and Android.

no avatar
Rednose

by Rednose » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:20 pm

Same problem here.
Remote acces does not work anymore.
Server status: Starting..
But nothing more than that.
I keep getting my alerts on my iphone, but i can't open the app because the connection times out.
So i can not see the videos, or my cams.

Fix please.

no avatar
x-Timmey-x

by x-Timmey-x » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:49 am

Hey,

i stay in contact with Devin from Sigthound. But i have the same error...
I tried the version 3.0.0 without any problems under Windows 10 Pro 64bit. After the trail period i decided to buy sighthound. The remote access will worked without any problems, too.
But after i updated sighthound to the version 3.0.1 the remote access server status still hanging.
Server status: Starting

These are my attempts to solve the problem but without success:
I reinstall sighthound 3.0.1 without any effects
I reinstall sighthound 3.0.0 without any effects
I start sighthound as administrator without any effects, both versions.
I deactivate my mcafee antivirus software as possible for me
I deinstall my mcafee antivirus and deactivate all windows security programms like windows firewall and defender, without any effects

So i hope devin or somebody will find the problem and fix it

no avatar
WfromL

by WfromL » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:56 am

You could try falling back on 2.5, that solved the problem for me.
Of course I hope Sighthound people will find a solution that let us use 3.0 without problems.
In the meantime: Happy New Year everyone!

no avatar
jaimederecho

by jaimederecho » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Same issue here. How do I revert to 2.5.1?

no avatar
WfromL

by WfromL » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:03 pm

You have to login to your Sighthound account.
Beneath the heading "Download Sighthound Video" you see "Looking for a previous version?" Easily overlooked, it's in rather small lettering.
Download version 2.5.1 and just install it over the version you have now.
I had to do this a few times in the past, it always went without problems.

no avatar
rodr

by rodr » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:06 am

Having a similar problem, can't connect to my cameras with 3.0.1, but OK after I reverted to 2.5.1.

ryan

by ryan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi all,

If you're experiencing trouble with a camera and haven't yet can you please write to support@sighthound.com and let us know what camera model you are experiencing trouble with? Also please let us know if you happen to have a camera available externally or would be willing to do this for an engineer to connect to. Alternately if you're familiar with wireshark, capturing a session of attempting to connect to the camera would be almost as good.

@Rednose,

There have been a few reports of the web server not starting in 3.0. We are attempting to find a way to reproduce this, in the meantime using 2.5.1 would be the recommended workaround.

@x-Timmey-x,

Does remote access for you work correctly if you use 2.5.1? I haven't heard of the web server starting successfully in 3.0 and then not, that's a very useful data point.

Best,
- ryan
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

Next

Return to Technical Support