Close

Logitech Alert 750i and 750e?

Inquire about an unsupported model or post your own success.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
vidgizmo

Logitech Alert 750i and 750e?

by vidgizmo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:49 am

Has anyone tried either of these cameras? Results?

ryan

Re: Logitech Alert 750i and 750e?

by ryan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 am

Hi Vidgizmo,

I don't have access to these cameras unfortunately. I did a bit of googling and it looks like people are having mixed success with media applications (such as vlc) streaming with the following addresses:

rtsp://ip_address/HighResolutionVideo
rtsp://ip_address/LowResolutionVideo

These might or might not work with VDV (especially iffy since it seems unclear if they are working for people at all....). If anyone has one of these cameras and could try it out, I'd be happy to hear the results/help troubleshoot.
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

no avatar
jpangel1

by jpangel1 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi -- I have been running Vitamin D using the Logitech 750e for a couple of months. It works fine. I used the Logitech software to set up the camera and find the IP address. Then in the Vitamin D setup I use the settings Ryan mentions (rtsp://ip_address/HighResolutionVideo). It works fine on both windows and mac -- although now I primarily run only the mac version.

JP

ryan

by ryan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks so much for confirming this! I'll be sure and add these cameras to the VDV setup to make future configuration a bit easier.
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

no avatar
vidgizmo

by vidgizmo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Thanks for the advice. I got the cameras in and your approach works great.

It would be great if there was an api to retrieve the files stored on the camera, also nice if their search algorithm had Vitamin D-like image recognition for "people" etc.

no avatar
jwshukis

by jwshukis » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Using Vitamin D version 1.4.1, this isn't working for me.

I have Logitech alert 700e and 700i cameras that are working just fine with the Logitech Windows and Web interfaces. To use these within Vitamin D, I launched the Vitamin D appliction and then selected Tools --> Add Camera.

I then selected "Network (IP) Camera from the Camera Type pulldown and "Other" from the Manufacturer pulldown. So far so good. In the next screen I selected "Set up Vitamin D Video with a network camera that is already working". In the page that followed, I selected "Manually specify the address of a network camera".

This pulled up the camera settings page. I entered "rtsp" as the protocol and "554" as the port number. I then entered "LowResolutionVideo" in the Stream Path box. This combination resulted in a complete url of rtsp://192.168.1.71:554/LowResolutionVideo. I did not enter anything into the user name and password fields. Vitamin D tried to connect but reported "Could not connect". I got the same error when I tried again without a port number.

I tried the same URL in VLC, and it also would not connect. The error log showed "No such file or directory". When I tried again without specifying the port number, I got a different error - "Unauthorized".

For completeness, I tried several more times. I set a security key on the cameras using Alert Commander and then entered that key in the password fields along with first "Admin" then "admin" and even my Logitech web login - and then again without the 554 port. No luck.

Have I missed something?

no avatar
jwshukis

by jwshukis » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:33 pm

An update from my post above:

I got the Logitech cameras working by entering /LowResolutionVideo instead of LowResolutionVideo as the path. Interestingly, Vitamin D "automatically" added the forward slash to the URL it reported to me, but this did not work. When I entered the forward slash myself, it did work.

no avatar
doug

by doug » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:42 pm

jwshukis,

I'm looking at this thread and trying to figure out how to add support for these cameras into the app. I'm a little baffled by your report that "/LowResolutionVideo" worked but "LowResolutionVideo" didn't. I've confirmed that these produce the exact same setting to be saved in Vitamin D Video, so I'm not sure why you got different results.

Before adding this camera to the list, I'd like to confirm that there wasn't some other problems that were causing the problems you were seeing.

Thanks!

-Doug

no avatar
dradb

by dradb » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:10 am

I'm planning to use my existing Logitech 750e with its powerline adaptors and Sighthound. It works well. I want to add a HIKVision camera with a PL9660-POE Asoka powerline adaptor.

Will the new camera connected to the Asoka adaptor work with the existing Logitech adaptor connected to my router and PC?

Do I need to replace the Logitech adaptor?

Return to Unsupported Cameras