Close

Onvif

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
jackhammero

Onvif

by jackhammero » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:05 am

I have a cam that uses ONVIF. will it work with Sighthound?

no avatar
MarkS

Re: Onvif

by MarkS » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:14 am

I was about to ask the same question as I have just recieved this reply from a camera manufacture in China

"Thanks for your message,my dear friend.I try to add our cameras to this software to see if we could successfully or not.What a pity! I failed.I do not know if this software is onvif support or not.If not support i think our cameras may do not support this software as our cameras is onvif support.For any other question please let me know.
Best Regards, Wu Jian"

but not sure what, if anything they actually tried..

ryan

by ryan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi folks,

We don't support ONVIF for auto-detection yet, but that doesn't mean the camera won't work in Sighthound Video, it just won't be auto-located and configured as we can with some UPnP cameras.

If the cameras support ONVIF, then it means that they expose a public URL for the video stream which is all we need to determine, and the camera can then be added in the app. If you have specific manufacturer and model information we can try to look.

More information can also be found in this post:
topic4

And this support article:
http://www.sighthound.com/support/can-i ... orted-list
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles
Are you a developer? Check out our cloud APIs - Demo | Docs

no avatar
MarkS

by MarkS » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:09 pm

I have asked the supplier for a part number of this bad boy
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... TQ:AU:1123
hopefully they will do the trick

no avatar
MarkS

by MarkS » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:23 pm

this was the reply I received to my request for picture of the part/model number
"Thanks for your message,my dear friend.I found that our ANRAN camera is not in the listing of that software,i think that is why our cameras can not be added to that software.For any other question please let me know.
Best Regards, Wu Jian"

does this help any .??

no avatar
MarkS

by MarkS » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:03 pm

I did a quick goolge search and found this

http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=ANRAN

ryan

by ryan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi Mark,

Have you tried using any of those URLs? You can try entering them into Sighthound Video directly, or in any media player. For Sighthound Video they would simply need to be split into the component parts, for example

Code: Select all
rtsp://IPADDRESS:554/user=[USERNAME]&password=[PASSWORD]&channel=1&stream=0.sdp

would be configured in Sighthound Video by selecting "Other IP Camera", protocol "rtsp", and stream path "user=YOURUSERNAME&password=YOURPASSWORD&channel=1&stream=0.sdp", replacing YOURUSERNAME and YOURPASSWORD with your actual username and password.
Learn more about Sighthound Video in our support pages - Reference Guide | All Articles

no avatar
MarkS

by MarkS » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:34 am

Ryan,
I have not - I have not yet bought a camera as I didn't want to until I knew it would would

ryan

by ryan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid I can't guarantee anything as I don't have one of these cameras. If their support can provide you with a video stream URL that will work in any other media player such as Quicktime or VLC it should work in Sighthound Video as well.

no avatar
PhilthyM

by PhilthyM » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Thanks for the info provided here. I have a Chinese Anran camera and was able to get the details from that iSpy thread. So can enter

rtsp://192.168.1.175:554/user=admin&pas ... ream=0.sdp?

in VLC and, as expected, access the video stream fine.

So going through the add camera function, I have selected RSTP and entered the IP and port details as above, then stuck the /user=admin&password=&channel=1&stream=0.sdp? bit in the stream. That looks as if it should be all that's required, but it never connects. I've attached a screen shot.

Would appreciate any hints on this, thanks.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-08-23 at 13.00.06 .png
(29.22 KiB) Downloaded 1009 times

Next

Return to General Discussion