Close

Here is what time stamps look like using axis camera

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
saintjohnny

Here is what time stamps look like using axis camera

by saintjohnny » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:28 pm

I noticed people still mention they want a time stamp feature, and I'll admit I was irritated at first thinking "what if this doesn't hold up in court as video evidence without a time stamp proving it was during that time? Could a lawyer have a field day with that?"

But it also forced me to buy higher end IP cams which was a blessing for many reasons including durability and dependability even on my wireless one which I've shown below.

The Axis brand offers affordable cameras that you can easily turn on a time stamp overlay which VDV will also capture when it records. Once you get serious about camera security, you tend to work your way past the USB desktop cameras anyways and IP cameras are the solution for this!

Check out how I enable the time stamp (top left of images) via my web browser by connecting to my IP camera, and see the images of how it stamps here: http://imgur.com/a/F6F21

Thanks for reading!

no avatar
Olivarri

Re: Here is what time stamps look like using axis camera

by Olivarri » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:16 pm

Dallase wrote:Waitaminit, I know is a super old post, but I'm astounded that adding a timestamp to the video wasn't a feature. This has been pretty standard on every other solution I've used. Is this still missing from Sighthound?

That's great Johnny, I need a timestamp on mine.
Last edited by Olivarri on Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

no avatar
Dallas

by Dallas » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:09 am

Waitaminit, I know this is a super old post, but I'm astounded that adding a timestamp to the video wasn't a feature. This has been pretty standard on every other solution I've used. Is this still missing from Sighthound?

(Yes, I'm aware that many cameras can add their own timestamp overlay to the video feed, and all of my cameras have this ability, but this causes problems with motion detection and false alarms, so I rely on the monitoring software to handle the timestamp instead. This also gives me more flexibility in terms of the format and layout of the overlay.)

Devin

by Devin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi Dallas,

Sighthound Video does have the ability to add timestamps to your clips when viewing remotely, or when exporting. See https://www.sighthound.com/support/how- ... -timestamp

Regards,

-Devin

Return to General Discussion