Close

Upgraded from Trial to Licensed Pro

Share tips and tricks related to Sighthound Video or your full security setup.

Moderator: Staff

no avatar
jbeletti

Upgraded from Trial to Licensed Pro

by jbeletti » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:08 am

After a few days of using the Pro Trial version on my daily Mac laptop, then moving Sighthound to a 2 year old Mac Mini, I upgraded from Trial Pro to Licensed Pro.

As I'd setup 7 cameras and a bunch of rules, I didn't want to start over, so I moved the Sighthound folder from the Library-Application Support folder of the laptop, over to the same location of the Mac Mini. My user account on the 2 computers were different, so I needed to change that in 2 places in the backEndPrefs file.

It all went well with the exception of my saved videos. While I thought I moved those files when I moved the folder structure, they are no longer available within the app. No huge loss really.*

My next task is to work out a way to access and control the Mac Mini from remote. I plan to experiment with "Back to my Mac". If anyone has any experience/words of wisdom, I'd love to hear it.

*On edit: Got all my past vids back. I'd forgotten to move the "archive" over to the new computer.
Jim

Sighthound Pro - Licensed
Mac Mini - OS X - v 10.9.4 - 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 - 4 GB RAM - 1 TB SATA
1 ea IPCC-9610-E 1.3 MP IP PTZ - 1 ea IPCC-9605-E 1 MP IP Bullet - 1 ea IPCC-7206-E 1 MP IP Bullet - 4 ea IPCC-7207-E 1 MP IP Domes

Return to General Discussion